Sunday, October 19, 2008

The fairer faucet

Last night, I washed a few dishes in the sink and setup the coffee pot before going to bed. When I pulled the handle downwards on the kitchen faucet to turn the stream of water off, it would not stop. I played with it for a bit, but there was always a steady stream of water coming out of the nozzle regardless of how the handle was positioned. I finally discovered that if the handle were pushed downwards and held very firmly, the stream of water reduced to a rather steady drip. Being that I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Jury Rigging (courtesy of my father's genes), I took a piece of sewing elastic from my mother's stash, inserted a couple of safety pins to make a tight band, and wrapped it around the faucet's nozzle and handle, making as tight a seal as I could to keep it from running all night.

I have never repaired a faucet in my life. That task has always been performed by my father, a husband, a clever female roommate, or a plumber. Today, though, my gift of sight coupled with my father's expertise allowed us to change the seals in the faucet together and get the water working properly again!



Life's a whirl. Come ride the merry-go-round!




© 2008 Sapphire Words @ Blogspot.com

No comments: